Reserve Bank of India (RBI) former Governor Econimist Raghuram Rajan is in contender list for the governor job at the Bank of England (BoE), the Central Bank of the United Kingdom.
Possibly Raghuram Rajan to replace present Bank of Englond Governor Mark Carney.
Raghuram Rajan Candidacy
As per Financial Times reports, Phillip Hammond, UK’s Chancellor of the Exchequer, said that the process of replacing current governor is already started and he is looking for potential candidates.
Financial Times article stated that ‘attracting Rajan, the highly respected Chicago-based economist and former Reserve Bank of India governor, would be a coup’.
Other names in the running list are
1. Andrew Bailey, Chief executive of the Financial Conduct Authority, UK
2. Ben Broadbent, Deputy Governor for Monetary Policy, UK,
3. Shriti Vadera, Chair of Santander UK,
4. Andy Haldane, BoE Chief Economist,
5. Minouche Shafikm, Director of the London School of Economics.
Raghuram Rajan is presently working as a Professor of Finance at University of Chicago at the Booth School of Business.