How to Get Covid Vaccine Slot in Pune is the question everyone asking on the internet. So many friends asked me after i took CoviShield vaccine in first week of May. So some useful tips to Book Covid Vaccine Slots in Pune. 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐖𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞.
Here are some experience of users who booked Covid Vaccine Slots Online in Pune and PCMC.
Yesterday, I successfully booked a Covishield vaccination slot after trying for 4 days. 𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗹𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗹𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘂𝗽 𝗶𝗻 𝟵𝟬 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘀 – 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲. 𝗦𝗹𝗼𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘂𝗽 𝗶𝗻 𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝟯 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘀.
If you’re in Pune/Mumbai or any other city experiencing trouble, here are some detailed tips:
- Use the Cowin website on desktop, no other apps. They are too slow. You’re also competing with scripts and bots designed to book slots.
- If you see an opening with multiple timings, select either the 2nd, 3rd, or later slot since the popular bots in the market are coded to book the first slot.
- If you’re thinking at this point of using a bot: DON’T. I’ve explained why at the end of this post.
- Keep logging in and hitting “search” throughout the day. The website auto logs you out after 15 mins. Set timers for 13 mins. I received 100+ login OTPs in 4 days.
- Look out in local newspapers for timings for when your pin codes/city will be updated. For example, Pune district was updated at 6.30 pm yesterday, PCMC was updated at 7.30 pm, and PMC at 8 pm. These timings are not consistent, they may change every day. They have already changed thrice in the last 5 days.
- The district search and pin code search are updated at the same time in my experience, so the district search is better unless you’re only looking for one or two pin codes. If you’re doing both, open multiple tabs, one for each pin code and one for the district search. These search tabs will continue to function for some time even after the 15 min log out period.
- If you have a vehicle and are willing to travel, the district search is best for you.
- If you’re open to getting both Covishield and Covaxin, the district search is best for you.
- The website is updated in real time, meaning if someone cancels a slot, it goes back into circulation a few moments later. If you’re looking for a single slot, you may get lucky. Another reason why the district search is best for you. Keep hitting “search”.
- When the district search says “No vaccination centres nearby”, I’ve come to conclude this means that centres/slots are being updated. This is when you should be extra active and keep hitting “search”.
- If the district search says “No vaccination centres nearby”, don’t log out and log back in. The server doesn’t send OTPs in this period for some reason, and OTPs delayed beyond 120 seconds will never arrive. As soon as the district search results are visible again, log in. If 15 mins elapse, you can still keep refreshing one of the search tabs, as mentioned in point 6.
- The key is patience. Don’t be disheartened if you’re not successful in the first day or two.
- With Captcha, it’s quite difficult now. But its for all of us. So try everyday. On 1st, 2nd or might be on 3rd day you will get covid vaccine slot in Pune.
- Make it your sole mission to get a slot.
- Keep hitting “search”.
- Stay hydrated.
And finally, here’s a tip to all my code-friendly fellow citizens:
Don’t trust bots or scripts, they don’t work very well. This is evidenced in the fact that the Telegram Pune group by under45 .in totally missed the slots for Rajiv Gandhi, Kamala Nehru, New Jijamata, and at least 8 other hospitals with 1500+ slots over the course of the last 2 days. Even their scripts aren’t able to scrape data fast enough, slots are filled before they are detected.
There’s also some lag in their programs scraping that information from the API, translating it into a telegram text, and then you seeing it and entering the pin code – typically a few seconds, which is more than enough for people already online and searching to fill up those slots. Remember, there are now well over 20k members in the Pune Telegram group anyway.
But most importantly, scripts are now being identified and neutralised by the Cowin site. They may soon begin penalising accounts that are using scripts, and you don’t want to end up on a blacklist.
The popular scripts are already disarmed, and unless you’re an experienced coder you won’t be able to write a program that works 100% of the time. I’m NOT speaking from experience, I DID NOT write a browser script to alert me for Pune district and it DID NOT work only 80% of the time.
P.s. If your vaccinated uncle/aunt/parents are unable to understand why you’re so slow in booking when they did it so easily, explain it to them this way:
When they were booking, there are over 20,000 citizens trying to book 2,000 slots. 99% of them have never heard of scripts or bots. Today, there are over 20 lakh citizens trying to book 2,000 slots in Pune city alone. A lot of them are software engineers, and all of them are friends with a coder. Do the math.
So thats the Pro tips on How To get Covid Vaccine Slot in Pune. Hope you learned something. If you get slot in Pune, please share your experience in comment box. We will definitely share with rest of readers.
Thanks to Ankur Borwankar